Sunday, March 17, 2013

DAY 11

DAY 11:
 
Today no lessons. Hooray! But still we have to wake up early to go on a trip. First we went to Ancient Town.



We are given 3 hours to shop there. Yes, it sounds long but let me tell you that it is not enough. Everything there is so cheap and there is like hundreds of shops there. I ate a snake which one of the stall sell there and they say it is a local delicacy there. It was crunchy and taste a bit like chicken. Next up me and my friends (Raihan, Jun Bin, Jasper and Shaw Yeong) we went to try the insects there.
 
First we tried the beatles. It has some sour taste. And when you tried the second bite it gets sweeter. Next we tried the scorpions.
 
 
I am really afraid to eat it because I am scared if the scorpions have poison. But as the saying goes "YOLO" (You Only Live Once). Next up Crickets.
 
 
It does not taste like how it looks. I bought like five sticks of crickets because it tasted really good. Overall, I think insects tastes good when it is fried. Plus, it have high protein. I honestly have a fear of insects and today I felt that I have faced my fears and actually eat it.
 
Next we went to the car factory. Unfortunately, we could not take pictures inside but I learned a lot of things about the manufacturing of cars. How actually a car is produce. The steps, the procedures and the safety matters. And I find the working conditions really nice. It is really organize. I am really looking foward to my working life. Maybe someday I can build my own car or even an airplane.